Sunday, June 20, 2010

o4












It's the SS season again, time flies. And this season, Jil Sander was one of the first ones I've seen (others are Dolce & Gabbana - still boring clothes at obnoxious prices a.k.a expensive A&F, Missoni - loved it, but couldn't find any clearer pictures and the venue seemed really amateur and Versace - DIZZY FEST, so I'll focus on it later)
Anyways, Jil Sander caught my attention this time. The whole candy color thing on simple silhouette is not a new concept, but it's done in an extremely chic manner here. I especially love the series of three white shirts with the printed flowers, so delicate and springy. The venue is still somewhat confusing though, garden in the middle of the night? I don't really see any connection with the clothes itself. Also loved the striped series though they remind me a bit of Missoni meets Paul Smith. The last look I posted is one of my favorite. Just when people thought wearing leggings as pants are disgusting, Jil Sander is putting a man with no pants onto the runway with only an oversized blazer. I would totally try this look if I had legs like that. But I bet people in Vancouver would think I've just escaped from the psych ward from the local hospital. I will however, recreate look #1. Totally looking forward to all the other mens' shows, especially Issey Miyake and Comme des Garcons.

No comments:

Post a Comment