Tuesday, December 1, 2009

stuck



It was a nice day in Vancouver today. Sunny, not too cold, and not too windy. Woke up, had my coffee, changed into my newly studded Zara shirt and McQueen Jeans, left for school.
Today was another one of those "8 hours days."

Got my evening dress pattern back, no changes needed to be made, just a few minor "blending" and "true-ing" to do. Cut out my muslin and sew it together, it turned out exactly like I wanted to. I am starting to be able to visualize my final result in the preliminary a.k.a pattern making stage and I think that's kind of cool.

Anyway, afternoon class went by in a blink of eye. I cut out all my strips of fabrics for my embellishments. I want to make it tasty, not tacky. I need to find the balance point. Somehow, I just think it's not that good of an idea. Kind of wanted to scrap it and come up with something new. I hope it will work.

Now, just looking at the pile of fabric in the corner makes me feel so drained, I had a long day.
Yet, I am still sitting here trying to finish the bustier, and trying to get the stitch lines straight, as we will lose marks if our stitch lines are not straight enough.

So I kinda blanked out, and stared at my sewing machine. Out of thoughts.

Is it really meant for me? Am I really capable of doing this?

I wonder.


I feel stuck, temporarily.

I think, what I need, is




sleep and a good read in the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment