Wednesday, October 7, 2009

tweedle dee & tweedle dum


"Tweedledum and Tweedledee
    Agreed to have a battle;
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
    Had spoiled his nice new rattle.
Just then flew down a monstrous crow,
    As black as a tar-barrel;
Which frightened both the heroes so,
    They quite forgot their quarrel."
This can easily be my favorite nursery rhymes of all time, and Dee and Dum are two of my favorite Disney characters, after Stitch, of course.
I created two thigh length skirts made from 100% cotton print I found from Fabricana. I thought these two pieces of textiles ooze a strong air of vintage and 1960's Pop movement. It made me think, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. They are not serious, they are always about fun and they just goof around like there's no tomorrow.
Which also happens to be one of my life-long goals. to goof around and not take anything seriously, just jump around and sing and dance and eat!
Anyways, back to reality, so I haven't really assigned which one is Tweedle Dee and which one is Tweedle Dum, but I guess it doesn't really matter because they can easily be each other.
Again, I used the same 12" ruler with the big golden ring, I love it! The waistbands for both skirts are made with Pig Skin Leather, I guess they are real because they were quite costy, but I just liked the color and the texture and OH! the smell! One is a full circle skirt and the other is a half circle skirts.
Tilt! Twirl! Jump! Dance! Spin! Smile! Life will be better!

(image source: www.google.com, others by xionasy)

No comments:

Post a Comment