Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the blue lagoon


The first skirt I made since I got my own JUKI industrial machine.
I call it a poofy skirt, I love the texture of this fabric, though it is 100% polyester (eeeek!).
Got this fabric at Dress Sew just because I thought the texture was cool, it's kind of stretchty too and according to my aunt who tried this skirt on, it's comfortable.
The waistband is made of velvet with an exposed 12" long zipper down the centre back.
The hem line is assymetrical or however you call it.
Personally, I quite like it, however, am unsure whether or not if I should include it in my project, this electric blue doesn't seem so in tone with my project.




Close up view of the blue lagoon. I have came up with this strange idea, I want to name every single piece of garment that I made. The button is kind of just there for the sake of being there. I found it in a box that held everything from buttons to old broken pencils to my childhood pokemon figurines. It brought a smile to my face.
(All images by xionasy)

No comments:

Post a Comment