Thursday, September 9, 2010

new york fashion week - day 1




Christian Siriano is still doing what he does best - red carpet dresses and overly tuned crazy-in-your-face dramatic gowns with endless ruffles. In a way, it just seems veery Dior to me, it's almost as if he took a whole bunch of Dior's designs, changed it up a bit and altered a bit here and there and voila - a new collection. It seems like he's lacking slightly in the pov department. I do, however, love the suit dress in the bottom picture. The assymetrical shoulder treatment is amazing.



Richard Chai is better at menswear. Hands down. This collection is really relaxed. To me, it seems like a cloudy chilly summer day with a tiny brisk of sun. Yes, that's it. I do love the play with proportion, but it's not exactly original. This collection has Alexander Wang written all over it. I don't quite understand that sheer pants, but I do think they look pretty amazing layered under a heavier short, only if the legs were slimmer. They look like PJs when they're that loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment