Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Ominous Vagabond

Finally, shot the fall winter mini collection that I've been making for the past two months. I can't really say it is a collection as I didn't really plan anything, as in, I didn't draw any sketches. I had a rough idea in my head of what I was going to make, and I just kind of made some here and there in the past two months. With my birthday celebration and the hectic Olympic Winter Games here in my hometown, I managed to whip up seven looks. So we did a photoshoot in New Westminster, which, to my surprise, really reminded me of modern Europe, with all the architectures and fountains and stairs. This led me to realize the beauty of Vancouver to an even higher degree. So I shot the images, Janice was the model, and Ashely's friend Krista did the make up. I'd say it was pretty nicely done given the short notice that we had. I did not really prepare for this until the last night, but the outcome was pretty nice and I am obsessed with this one image. It is now my iPhone wallpaper.




THE OMINOUS VAGABOND
photographer/designer/stylist - Alex S Yu
make up artist - Krista Olson
stylist/creative director - Ashley Smith
model - Janice Chang





Look I - denier & manera dark pine green chiffon ruffled assymetrical dress



Look II - denier & manera cut out tank / denier & manera pinched draped mustard skirt / denier & manera zebra print shawl



Look III - denier & manera red shorts / denier & manera pouf scarf





Look IV - denier & manera blue-grey plaid tailored blazer / denier & manera cut out tank / denier & manera pinched draped navy tailored skirt



Look V - denier & manera monotone polka dotted chiffon dress



Look VI - denier & manera pinched draped navy skirt


Look VII - denier & manera voluminous white rose skirt


Now I am just sourcing up inspiration for my Spring Summer 2011 collection....

No comments:

Post a Comment