Saturday, February 13, 2010

FW10 - Alexander Wang / Jason Wu / Peter Som / Ohne Titel

Today, most of the new Asian designers showed, and I was anticipating Jason Wu and Alexander Wang immensely. And they did not disappoint. However, I wasn't really anticipate that much of Peter Som, but to my surprise, his collection was my favorite of the day. It just feels so weird to be sitting in front of my MacBook looking at all these pictures when everyone else around me is glued to the TV watching the Winter Olympics!




ALEXANDER WANG

 

I absolutely love those assymetrically slashed draped dresses. They are so chic and beautiful. The cut out top/dress was stunning too, but isn't this Fall/Winter? That oversized jacket is amazing, it seems as if oversized jacket is the next trend now. I am kind of iffy about this trend. It will look amazing, if the right coat is worn on the right person, if something goes wrong, it will just look like a teenage girl desperately trying to grow up wearing her mom's braod shoulder jacket from the 80s. It is obvious that Wang took a new direction in his designs, it seems as if he has matured. The lines are cleaner, and the silhouettes are more defined and there are a lot more varieties and shapes. Koodos for this, I however, do not like the hair. I hate hair that seem oily, so I guess it is just me. But overall, a fabulous show! Hope there is some asexual pieces that they make in Large or X-Large, and then maybe I can expand my A. Wang collection!






JASON WU






Wu maintained his aesthetics with girly girl pieces that are adorable and gorgeous, though a few dresses have missed the marks. There are some amazing ones shown above. I love the splattered paints print, it is absolutely amazing. That full circle dress in the last image is so cute! And the neckline is very interesting and unique as well. Again, there are more oversized jackets that look in porportion and amazing on the models. That grey jacket is so die for, if they made one for mens, I would be the first in line to get one, but it seems like it is DIY-able (future project ideas??) I have to say, the set is amazing. That long pink runway looks gorgeous and amazing and so luxurious!





PETER SOM





This collection is so rich in color and texture, which I absolutely love and adore. I love the color story of this collection, it is so vintagey fairytale ish. That shade of blue, with that brownish orange, and those prints, they are so amazing. This collection was a surprise! I absolutely love the pouffy one shouldered furry piece on several of the looks, so adorable! The oversized jackets are ONCE AGAIN seen on this runway, but Som did a feathered version of these jackets, which adds a hint of feminity to them, again, stunning. This collection is amazing! Also, the dark lips are sexy and plays a contrast to the slightly girly/childish color story of this collection. I would, however, remove those tights and tie the hair up into super tight/tall ponytails!





OHNE TITEL


 

Ohne Titel, the duo designers behind this brand never disappoints. They have this Nicholas Ghesquire for Balenciaga's aesthetics, but toss a bit of Lanvin, sprinkle a bit of Rodarte, and top with a bit of Marni, then you will have Ohne Titel.  Those leggings are the highlight of this collection. They are so amazing, I could totally see H&M and TOPSHOP knocking off some of these leggings in lots of different colors! Once again, oversized jackets are seen on this runway as well! I however, absolutely love the draped/layered white shirt dress with white leggins look. That is my favorite look of this collection. Still, I feel that make up should've been a bit more dramatic, these models look like they just got up from bed with a bad hangover.
Totally looking forward to the shows tomorrow! All of my favorite shows have yet to come!


**all images from style.com**
 

No comments:

Post a Comment