Thursday, November 12, 2009

the fashion of vancouver

Vancouver is not a fashion city, it is a beautiful city though.
People are too laid back.
People are too conservative.

What surprises me the most is that people, as in teachers and students in FASHION school, are so conservative as well.

I want to leave this place the minute I graduate, and go to a REAL fashion city.

Like Tokyo, like Pairs, like NYC, like Milan or even London.

My anger was triggered when a fellow fashion design classmate stated that my day dress design, which is 15 cm above knee is too short. She then stated that the dress is too short and no women would wear it, unless they are a prostitute.

And this came from a girl who wears sweatshirts and dresses that are too tight for her on a regular basis. Clearly, she does not know fashion. She does not know what is high fashion.



Makes me angry like =(

No comments:

Post a Comment