Sunday, September 26, 2010

jil sander

It's been a hectic week, my first week back to full time school, while working two jobs and juggling homework and social outings in between. I barely have time to look at the shows, most of them were viewed from my iphone on the skytrain. This year's Milan's shows were a pleasant surprise like usual, makes me ecstastic for Paris. My top three from Milan were Jil Sander, D&G, and Prada. Jil Sander and Prada are pretty much a given, but D&G, I'd never in a million years thought I'd put it on my top three list, it just was never really my thing, but this collection was genuinely gorgeous, wearable, covetable and amazing. 


Jil Sander
Pretty much my favorite show from Milan nearly every season. I love the use of color in this collection, so fresh yet so original of Jil Sander standard. I never really associate Jil Sander with colors, let alone bright floral prints. I love the volumes and shapes of the garments and of course the minimalism which the brand is so well known for. Stripes were all over the place, as well as floral prints and colors, colors, colors. Jil Sander is obviously trying to go a bit younger. Whilist the collection on a whole was amazing, there were some pieces that weren't so amazing, especially the first few looks with the oversized trousers with overturned peplum at the waistline, so not flattering. And I absolutely love how the models are styled carrying two hand bags, so chic!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment