Tuesday, October 20, 2009

compromise

Design Specialties is full of obstacles. First, our group got merged, so this was not the intended group and we now have four people in our group and all the ideas have to be reconstructed. After showing the sketches, it was said that our dresses are not cohesive though they all have strips detailings but according to the instructor, they are not the same. Who said dresses have to have the SAME concept to be cohesive. Silhouette, color, and elements are enough to make a collection cohesive. I just don't get it. I go to fashion school, and I can't use my design skills, I have to compromise and make something simple and easy just because the instructor thinks it is hard. Like seriously? I want to challenge myself. The afternoon was one of the most frustrating I've had in a while. I took away my design completely, and some immature person just decided to give everyone attitude and not contribute in any discussion but saying that our design is not "wearable.' But given credits to the customer profile, a fashion assistant for a fashion magazine living in New York CIty, the customer would not be exactly wearing something that is wearable like your everyday girl next door. I guess some people's fashion taste just reaches a level and stops there. I would love to accept suggestions as to change my design but I don't want to lose my design asthetics. 
And I think it is unfair to tell a student not to do something just because it is hard, like, seriously?


No comments:

Post a Comment